CANCELLED: Clearance Workshop
Thursday, March 23, 2017
On Thursday, March 23, 2017 the Franklin Regional School District is hosting a clearance workshop from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. in the Heritage Computer Lab. During this time the computer lab will be open for you to drop in and use a computer to apply online for your Child Abuse ($8 Employee/Free Volunteer), PA Criminal History ($8 Employee/Free Volunteer) and FBI ($28.50 Employee/Volunteer) clearances. Fingerprints scanned by a
mobile provider for the FBI clearance will be available during this time by appointment only. There will be no formal presentation during this workshop. Volunteers will be on hand to assist you with questions or concerns.
Clearances need to be renewed every 60 months.
Please bring the following items to speed up the process during the workshop:
- Credit card, if paying for a clearance. No other forms of payment are available at the workshop.
- Social Security Number
- Photo ID: Driver’s license/passport are acceptable forms of identification.
- All addresses of where you have lived since 1975 (partial or complete), if applying for the child abuse
- All household members you have lived including parents, siblings, spouses, roommates, etc. since 1975, if applying for the child abuse clearance..
If you want to schedule an appointment to have your fingerprints scanned please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your name, phone number and your availability, no phone calls please. Appointments are limited and fill up fast. Once you have been registered you will receive a confirmation email with your appointment time. You must have your FBI registration number in order to get your fingerprints scanned. If you need to register for your FBI clearance prior to your appointment, please arrive at least 20 minutes early. If all appointments for fingerprinting are filled you may still attend the workshop to apply for the other two clearances and register for the FBI fingerprint scanning. We can then provide you with alternate
locations to go and be fingerprinted.
If you are not available to come to the workshop, or would like to begin the process elsewhere, you can click
the following links to obtain clearances:
- PA Child Abuse Clearances: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- PA Criminal Clearances: https://epatch.state.pa.us/
- FBI Fingerprinting Registration: https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pde.htm
*** For district staff scheduled to work: Please understand that we will not be able to schedule you during your normal work time. ***