Elementary Reading Support Program
The Elementary Reading Support Program includes:
- Instructional support that is designed to reinforce the classroom literacy program.
- In-class instructional support in which the reading specialist and classroom teacher provide a team teaching approach to instruction.
- Small group instruction in the reading room or classroom focusing on the needs of the students.
- Individual tutoring in the reading room or in the classroom based on the needs of the student.
- A focus on strategies that build knowledge of letter-sound relationships, word attack skills, fluency, comprehension, vocabulary and writing development.